7.13.2014

More Than You Know...

There is always so much new to learn~learn about life, learn about yourself and learn more about what you do in and of your work, and most importantly how you can help others. There is always more to experience in your walk that furthers your identity who you are as a person and perhaps why you were put here on this earth. For me, I sometimes wonder. You make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Maybe you get a second chance at life's greatest adventures...maybe not. There is always so much more to learn in terms of ideas, thoughts, passions, desires and things to be shared with friends and family. Life for me these days are really good...soft spoken, gentle, full of good times. God will only give you what you can handle each day...or so I've been told. I seek happiness in all that I do and try to inspire others in my life and around me in my work. My passion is my cooking. My love are my two sons. And, my work is that of a chef...I learn more and more every day about all of them. I always try to please. To help. To inspire and to share. My inspirations are challenged but I keep forging ahead, searching for clarity with much hope and faith. My strong sense of belief along with that hope and faith is what has always kept me going. The ideas of my dishes thankfully come from somewhere deep and I always hope they please those that I and those on my team are cooking for. These dishes are but a handful of inspirations based on summer flavors, local and regional ingredients, fun combinations and tastes that are both fun to cook and fun to eat. They are inspirations that are based on the folks who are dining, the cooks who are cooking, the farmers, fishermen and foragers who brought us the wonderful foodstuffs. Enter into these dishes with an open mind...and enjoy the journey of taste, texture and flavor, for it is my world...

dungeness crab & plum salad, preserved ginger, cured lemons, green harissa
cucumber-radish salad, micro arugula, elderflower-champagne-yuzu sabayon

seared scallop, carrot ravioli, heirloom tomato-peach relish
walnuts, beet vinaigrette, pea blossoms

pan roasted sea scallop, warm duck salad, tayberries
pickled gold beets, beet paint, maple-bourbon gel, walnut rappe

english pea hummus stuffed zucchini blossom, carrot-mascarpone ravioli
morels, truffles, truffle nage

grilled atlantic bluefish, tomato stuffed squash blossoms, morels
corn risotto, house bacon, nasturtium sauce and petals

hibiscus-orange marinated bluefish, orange oil braised purple potatoes
baby heirloom tomatoes, snap peas, nasturtium sauce and petals, celery root

watermelon pave, rhubarb gelee, yellow plum sorbet
orange oil-fennel pollen-grains of paradise brushing, tomato water boisson

roasted duck breast, baby turnips, porcini mushrooms, pearl onions, cherries
truffle nage, truffle potatoes

slow braised veal cheek, smoked cous cous, corn, bacon
garlic scapes, caramelized garlic, chive blossoms, fennel mustard jus

lemon posset, raspberries, rhubarb sorbet, caramel crisp
almond financier, marionberries, strawberry-hibiscus coulis, olive oil emulsion
spruce tip ice cream

Scharffenberger dark chocolate coulant
praline ice cream sandwiches, fruits of the moment, sorbets
apricot brulee, minted milkshake

chocolate dove bars, lemon puddingcake pops, linzer ice cream sandwiches
hazelnut macaron, bacon, tayberry-basil pates de fruits
lemon verbena white chocolates, salted caramels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home