11.14.2013

Eight Years & Counting...

foie gras-apple-quince terrine, compressed apple-celery salad, walnuts
watermelon radish, brioche, apricot-truffle conserve, gingerbread crème fraiche
late harvest sauvignon blanc dressing

Seems like only yesterday that I heard something about a "blog" (aka web log) and asked myself; "what the hell is that". A close friend and colleague of mine turned me onto one developed and written by one of our former pastry cooks launched as phatduck.com..."taking in pastry, one dessert at a time". I was hooked. I looked into the realm of the web abyss and instantly created my own. cuisinierskitchen was a name I had thought about years prior with the idea of launching a retail line of goods, specialty ingredients etc. out of a restaurant kitchen. This site does not have all the bells and whistles that others have as I simply do not have the time to spend on it and really, I just like to write, post photos and create food and provoke thought for others to contemplate, learn, get inspired and maybe remember. I enjoy seeing the photos of my food, ideas transformed into creations, thoughts put to the plate and concepts pondered. A lot of it is also emotion and heart. Experience and travel. Fun and angst. Spirit and spunk. It holds the music that drives me and inspires, and everything else about my life, my soul and my mind, all stirred into one big pot of fond du jour. So, it is with this post that I pay tribute to my little cuisinierskitchen site...until the next time...cheers and raise a glass!
pan roasted sea scallop, matsutake mushroom, fennel sous vide, yuzu gel
pennyroyal, pear-shallot nage

rabbit loin salad, chanterelles, pumpkin seed-oat granola, beets
vadouvan yogurt, arugula, cacao nib-saba dressing

sautéed atlantic fluke, baby turnips, butternut agnolotti, butternut squash, crisp shallots
nasturtium leaf sauce 

buddah's hand citrus, asian pear, black sesame, orange gelee
orange-tea ice

scottish grouse breast, grilled a'la plancha, cauliflower mushrooms, red wine braised crosnes
caramelized baby rutabaga, polenta, pickled elderberry sauce

slow cooked american bison loin, celery root puree, honey glazed cipolline onions
parsnip jam, smoked salsify, maple-bourbon vinegar reduction

steamed pumpkin pudding, plums, fennel gelato, spiced mousse
pecan pie, cinnamon ice cream, pears, chocolate pot de crème, salted caramel ice cream
pink peppercorn-fennel marshmallow
valrhona chocolate pave, persimmons, chai sorbet, pop rock wafer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home