3.11.2014

What's Life For...

Many I'm sure, long before me have asked this question to oneself. Many have answered to which there are as equal amount of rationales. I would surmise that the response is quite similar in nature...to enjoy all that it has to offer...to take what it gives you and make it better...to take advantage of everything one can and make the best of it...to not settle for less than the best...to not waste time in the negative and move into the positive...in essence, if you don't like your current situation, change it...to leave a legacy and a positive impact on those close to you, your family, your community, your nation, the world...and, to focus on what's important, and don't sweat the small stuff, because in the end..its all small. I found myself pondering that thought and the pursuit of happiness while cooking the other night. I always try my best to leave my mark, a memorable experience, a long lived impression for the better. Does this cut it...Who am I to say? And so I ask...What's this life for?
Here us a few dishes that were inspiring to me...
duck confit-bucatini pasta-king trumpet mushroom terrine
fig mostarda, maple gel, celery-celery leaf-hazelnut salad, charred pears
celery root remoulade, crispy potatoes, sherry-delicata squash seed oil dressing

wild mushroom-caramelized cipolline onion turnover
aged chabichou chevre, micro arugula, compressed apple, saba-noble xo dressing

grilled new zealand sea bass, butternut squash agnolotti, hot pine bud mayo
brussels sprouts, mushroom-truffle salad, mugolio drizzle

sous vide porcini crusted lamb loin, toasted barley risotto, glazed parsnips
roasted baby turnips, cauliflower-golden raisin agro dolce, black pepper-shallot essence

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you are using delicatA squash seed oil in your dishes, no?

6:57:00 AM  
Blogger cuisinier said...

Thanks anon for good eye catching my spelling...yes, you are correct!

11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home