12.30.2011

Tribute to a Friend...



Today I received some very sad news...a friend of mine has passed away. At 34~years young, it was way too soon. Very untimely to say the least, she will surely be missed and her passing mourned by many. I knew her as "the shroom chick", Christina Choi proper. Christina was always cheerful, smiling, upbeat, pleasant, soft spoken and positive. She was the type of person that seemingly could lift a room just by being present. Although I did not know her well, I know she will be sadly missed as she was a common presence in the culinary community here in town and one that many chefs enjoyed her company and perspective. As a face behind Foraged & Found; a specialty wild mushroom and everything wild and gathered company, she became a prominent figure in our culinary world. So it is with this humble post, that I dedicate it to her and her family. May she rest in peace and enjoy all that the afterlife has to offer. May she enjoy the new experiences of nirvana with all the magical, wonderful and carefree never-ending spirituality that accompanies that...or so I would think. God bless and know you are missed, gone but never forgotten.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark DuMond said...

There was a tribute/obit in The Seattle Times also this weekend. I didn't know her but still sad that her time came and went so early. I'll think of her every time this year that I cook with wild foraged mushrooms...

8:27:00 PM  
Blogger cuisinier said...

hi mark...yes, that is how i found out...veyr sad. I agree...i too will think of her each time use foraged and founf items.

1:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home