5.11.2010

Existing in Action...

hors d'oeuvres in action...

"unknown soldiers" in background getting ready for amuse course




lobster cappuccinos in action...
hors d'oeuvre team getting their groove on


Recently, while cooking for the gourmand group of food and wine connoisseurs; the Chaine des Rotisseurs last Friday, I happened to take a few candid shots of the moment of some of our brigade. Sometimes what you see right in front of you at the time, does not sink in until you are able to step back and really absorb what had taken place~ and it is then that you realize this is the true state of their mindset of the moment. It is great to see the passion, the dedication, the devotion to the craft and the utter commitment to trying their best. Sometimes, I think back to my own past and wonder if I too was that focused or maybe not? I know there are times when I am or was in the "zone" and do/did not have a clear vision of my own existence as I was too caught up in the heat and passion of the moment operating on loads of caffeine and sheer adrenaline of the meal itself and the dedication to it's perfection...or search and mission thereof. As if anyone will ever get there. I am proud of our team and all that they do. Kick ass my cuisiniers...



amuse in action...


cuisiniers staging nuances of the first plated taste



foie gras plating in action...


focus and attention is the only way to accomplish this correctly



foie gras in action scene 2...


B-side to this single of the awesome compilation of tastes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home