5.06.2010

One Amongst Many...


A humble recognition that brings a plethora of my appreciation for it! An inclusion amongst local chef bloggers in the Seattle area so noted by Seattle Weekly in which this chef's visual platform was one their top chef's blog picks this week. For a while, it seemed that this was a site unseen, or so it appeared anyway. I would see the site traffic stats, then immediately became amazed that somewhere in the far distant reaches of the world in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka or Denmark or Iceland or Iran or New Zealand that this little posting of my personal take on culinary shit actually meant something to somebody somewhere. Who knew? I post because I have passion about cooking and writing collectively and more so, about people. I write about what I cook and what I do. I do not always focus on what everybody else will like, so long as I like it, yet I am sensitive to what they enjoy and work hard to achieve that through my work. I cook from my heart and soul and not without passion, discipline and dedication to the craft. I post photos of cooking and ingredients for those that care and share the same love of cooking and eating that I do and for those that do not. I am honored to be included and part of such a cool pool of other chef bloggers and am gratified by this recognition, not for my own ego but for the blog itself... one that really started out as nothing more than a digital notebook of my own in which to share with others. As I look back at how I got started on this blog, I need to acknowledge a female pastry chef named Dana(famous for her own blog, the Phat Duck in the Pastry Department and most recently, co-writer and blog poster of Tastingmenu) who used to work for me briefly and inspired me to do it. Thanks Dana.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Miguel said...

How's it goin' chef,

You may not remember me but I was a valet at the Club, the one who hit Chef Jim's VW, and just wanted to say congrats on your success.

I don't remember how I found it, but I've been consistently checking your blog to see what's going on in the kitchen at the RC.

I remember we had a brief conversation about my girlfriend's cooking, but I'm just commenting to let you know that I'm reading and the food looks good as always.

Anyways, we got one (another blog) going ourselves at

foodforthefamily.wordpress.com

Long comment, but keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Miguel

8:47:00 PM  
Blogger cuisinier said...

Hey Miguel...yes, I remember you. Thanks for your note. I appreciate it. Things are always happening that is for sure. Glad you enjoy checking out the food. I will check out your blog. That is cool. Best to you...

6:14:00 PM  
Blogger TBARR said...

What a treat it is to read and get swept away in your culinary passion..you are straight forward and direct in your writing and in your execution...DIVINE!

Thanks for sharing.
Tammy

8:19:00 PM  
Blogger cuisinier said...

thanks t...

12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home