3.02.2009

Tastes of the Moment...

wow...where to start??? Hard to say. Have I even done so yet after the passing of my father? Although he and I were not that close, and my relationship with my late, great mother was far more close and special, it is still difficult to grasp at what I am supposed to do at times. As one could well imagine, after such a dramatic life circumstance that has been dealt to you by the Almighty, things just seem different. I am very fortunate that I have a fabric of team members in our brigade that are woven into the day to day ops to help me through it. Everybody in the kitchen has been very supportive. Thank you all. So, with that mentioned, we have had some great chef's tables, tastings and general dishes flying out of the kitchen of late. Here is just a smattering of new tastes I have been playing with. Unfortunately, no photos however. The camera was on the desk, not on the line! Bummer dude...

"barbecued" Maine lobster "burger, avocado, blood orange glaze, sturgeon caviar
*
truffled squash cappuccino, seared scallop, pears and celery root remoulade
*
grilled pompano, blood orange-pine nut-herb salad, olive oil potatoes, citrus glaze
*
seared hawaiian ahi salad, melon, watermelon radish, daikon sprouts, pummelo dressing
*
seared foie gras, hazelnuts, chocolate macaroons, caramelized pineapple, chocolate-ancho chile milk emulsion
*
marcona almond crusted coral cod, quail breast, squash puree, oyster mushrooms, charred leek vinaigrette
*
my new term for intermezzo..."bouchee revigorant" or invigorating mouthful...
fennel-carrot salad, nigella, raspberry-banana-yogurt sorbet, apple jelly
*
grilled kobe flat iron, salsify, hot "foie gras milkshake", hedgehog mushrooms
*
buttermilk panna cotta with citrus, cardamom milkshake, prune-armagnac ice cream
*
roasted monkfish, skate-quail composure, pearl onions, shrimp milk
*
pepper-cacao nib crusted kobe beef, shortrib-portobello tortellini, yellow foot
*
lamb loin, eggplant puree, sweet garlic, sous vide artichokes, Moroccan spiced pancake
*
foie gras milk chocolate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home