8.30.2008

Wine Country Trippin...

This three day weekend allowed me some ability to catch some R & R as we did not have any events happening, which was a bit odd, as we always seem to have something happening to put a damper on one's travel plans, albeit, it pays the bills, and for that...I am grateful. So, with that, we decided to take a trip to Walla Walla, in the very heart of the wine country in Washington. Packed up the 4-Runner and headed east. We made it to Richland yesterday and decided to crash for the night in the 85+ degree heat. This little jaunt was merely to check out some warmth, as our summer is basically done, and pay a visit to a handful of cool wineries that we have never been to. We are off to explore them today. My next post will hopefully expound upon some of those experiences. Even though I do not drink alcohol, and have not for almost 20 years, it is still fascinating and educational to learn more about them as it is crucial for my food development. Having been at the club for almost 13 years and many of my previous jobs, I have had the great fortune of working with many of these great wineries and wine makers so it is to them and my learning that I owe them this visit. Now, back to the coffee shop for a jolt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home