Chocolate Death Magnetic...
To Russia with Love...
|Apple & Currant "Blintze"|
Terrine~Brown Butter Crepes, Slow Cooked Gravenstein Apple, Spice Cake
Brandy Soaked Currants, Mascarpone
Spice Cake Crumble, Nutmeg Crème Fraiche, Cider Sorbet, Apple Jam
New Tastes of Tradition...
|lobster-tomato salad, tomato gazpacho, nectarines, almonds|
smoky jalapeno-tomato-nigella dressing
up close and personal
|seared foie gras, pecans, grilled peaches, brioche, sauternes gel|
cacao nib-pecan streusel
|grilled halibut, parsley crust, baby zucchini "carbonara", pancetta|
yellow finn potatoes, zucchini pistou broth
|seared duck breast, corn, chanterelles, corn-quinoa pancake, pistachio pesto|
cherry duck jus
|sweet corn brulee, nectarines, peach cobbler, chocolate-nut sponge, noyaux ice cream|
s'mores, cinnamon marshmallow, apple beignets, salted caramel tart
plums, plum sorbet
Food For Thought...
|seared veal sweetbreads & porcini dusted scallop dashi|
truffles, lobster mushrooms, corn, chard, soy pearls, micro intensity blend
(savory pork belly & truffle dashi broth- not pictured)
|pepper crusted moularde duck breast, chargrilled savory zucchini bread|
baby zucchini "carbonara", caramelized garlic, honshimejii mushrooms
crispy shallots, fennel mustard-rosemary essence
|pan roasted beef tenderloin, red wine onion-farro risotto|
baby turnips, preserved cherries, fried chickpeas, balsamic jus
|mignardise (top to bottom)|
salted caramels, raspberry dove stix
pink peppercorn-lime macaron with coconut mousse, huckleberry pates de fruits
Curing, Canning, Conserving...
|various batches of vinegars in the making|
sexy syrah, rhubarb, lemon, raspberry, huckleberry, apple-fennel, maple-bourbon
and so on
|peppered, pork pancetta...|
fresh artisan duroc and kurobuta pork belly, lathered with curing spices, salt, and sugar
and hung out to dry
|truffled apricot conserve|
|sweet, spicy coppa...|
Consummate the Marriage...
|hawaiian kona kampachi crudo, heirloom tomato pave, mixed heirloom tomatoes|
peaches, peach pearls, lemon verbena, green harissa, yuzu pudding, micro greens
hiwa kai sea salt, tomatocello vinaigrette
|togarashi and hibiscus seared hawaiian tombo tuna, purple potatoes|
plum coulis, carrot-herb tapenade, plum relish, herb infusion, micro mustard
wild shrimp-heart of palm-watermelon radish salad, grated smoked macadamia nuts
|spice crusted moularde duck breast, baby zucchini-basil puree|
sweet summer corn fritters, honey roasted cipolline onions
chanterelles, licorice root-syrah sauce
Art of Garde Manger...
- veal sweetbreads, cooked in a seasoned stock for 8-10 minutes, then cooled. We then sliced it into 1/4 inch slices, sautéed it in brown butter, then bathed and soaked in a black currant reduction.
- fresh foie gras, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces, seasoned and seared in a hot pan, turned over and then cooled to room temperature.
- a fortified chicken broth with fresh cider, black currant juice, caramelized shallots, apples, onions, thyme, bay, aromats...simmered for 30 minutes, then strained. From there, we added soaked gelatin leaves at a ratio of 7 ounces to a gallon of liquid.
- granny smith apples, diced 1/4 inch, sautéed, added fresh thyme, seasoned, cooled
- shallots, shaved thin, caramelized gently, seasoned, cooled.
- fresh herbs(thyme, flat leaf parsley, chervil, tarragon...chopped fine
- salt, white pepper
- saba aioli (grape must syrup infused into basic aioli, black pepper)
- pears, diced small
- celery leaves and slices, blanched
- walnuts, char grilled, chopped slightly
- walnut powder ( walnut oil, tapioca starch, salt)
- black currant pickled golden raisins (1/2 cp water, 1/4 cp black currant syrup, 1/4 cp red wine vinegar, thyme, salt, black pepper, coriander seed, tablespoon honey)
- black currant vinaigrette (banyuls vinegar, black currant syrup, shallots, salt, white pepper, walnut oil, olive oil)
- micro purple radish and amaranth
- fleur de sel